I hereby declare the upcoming season, colloquially known as summer, lasting generally from Memorial Day Weekend (commencing on or about May 24, 2008) through Labor Day Weekend (ending on or about September 1, 2008) to be the Summer of Awesome.
The Summer of Awesome shall involve the following events:
1. A visit from Jordana and Todd
2. A trip to Phoenix with Kate, the girl, the mom and the sister for four days' respite, sleep, pool lounging, spa pampering, shopping and general laziness in order to shake off the rigors of a year of law school and the Most Stupidest Winter Ever.
3. A quick bout of summer school, ending on or about June 5.
4. A visit to Tennessee to see the in-laws.
5. A roadtrip to Summerfest with the sister in law to see AKeys on 7/1 and JM 7/2.
6. Continuation of said roadtrip to the S-T-L to party with the sister, see JM 7/3, and watch the fireworks over the Mighty Mississippi from Gateway Park.
7. A quick return home, then a roadtrip to Danskin Chicagoland with Sooz 7/12-7/13.
8. A quick return home, then yet another roadtrip to Chicago to meet up with girls from all over the nation, flying in to meet up in the Windy City for JM 7/18, and a girls' weekend downtown to follow.
9. My first Olympic tri on 8/2 - 8/3 in Duluth.
10. My 2L year starting on 8/9.
11. Y camp for the girl at a drastically reduced rate (and only when we need it!) approximately three days a week, and getting to keep her at home with me twice a week to do fun mom/daughter stuff.
12. Campaigning for Franken, hopefully for a bit of law school credit.
13. Minnesota State Fair the last weekend of August, winding up on Labor Day.
The official end of the Summer of Awesome shall occur on or about September 2, 2008, when I send the girl off for her first day of kindergarten. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do know that she will know how to write her name, will likely wear a dress, she will be carrying a pink Hello Kitty backpack, will hopefully have her hair arranged in some semblance of order, and will pose for a picture outside our house.
Three weeks til finals can't pass soon enough. I'm ready to be done with being a 1L.
(And yes, you did count that correctly: I am going to three JM shows this summer.)