Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Life x 2

It always warms my heart when someone I know becomes a parent. In this case, it happens to be a classmate, with whom I haven't had much contact since high school, and last saw at the reunion last spring.

Ian is one of the smartest people I know - we'd gone to school together since 7th grade, and I was positive he was going to go to MIT and be a rocket scientist or astronaut or something equally daunting and scientific.

He ended up doing an equally great thing: he's working in a small town in Illinois as a music teacher. Even better than touching the stars, he's teaching them.

He's now the proud father of twin girls, and while I won't post any links here to maintain privacy, I have nothing but the best wishes for this new family. I can only hope that his girls will melt his heart and amaze him every day, just as my girl has done to me since that fateful day almost five years ago when first I saw her face in real life.

So many blessings, mazel tov, and welcome to the wonderful world of babyhood, Ian and Emily. Your girls have found their way into a warm and welcoming family and no doubt you can't remember life before their names (even if they were just born Friday night).

You're gonna be just fine.

No comments: