Friday, November 9, 2007

Freaky Deaky Weeky

So...I've written before about how it is generally a good day when I find a JM tune on the radio.

The last few days have been just plain freaky. The TC, we do love us some JM.

Off work about 2:25 yesterday, KS-95 (94.5 on your FM dial!). I turn the car on, hear the last of the traffic report, and... "Welcome to the real world, she said to me, condescendingly!"

True confession: I always sing "they listen to Phish but they can't find the answers" and "I am invincible...you are invincible...we are invincible" whenever I hear this song. I get the feeling that JM probably meant those lyrics more than what's on RFS.

Moved the car from home to school around 4:30PM...and I turned the radio to Cities 97.1. I actually thought to myself Just heard John on KS-95...maybe Cities will play him. No idea who the DJ was, but I hear "here's the newest from John Mayer." Piano tune, then "when you're dreaming with a broken heart...the waking up is the hardest part."

Earlier this week, I had Cities 97.1 on again, and heard their in-studio version of "Wonderland" - which was a nice change of pace- it's still nice to hear, but I love hearing live or variant versions of old tunes. Had to sit in the preschool parking lot for a few minutes at let the song finish.

Station winner in head-to-head, sudden death Mortal Kombat: Cities, hands down. Not only did they play a cut from Continuum, when they played Wonderland, it wasn't the RFS version. Kudos to Cities. Both times I've heard JM on KS-95, it's been something from RFS- not that I mind it -at all- but come on...the man's had three albums and a hell of a career since 2002. Live in the now!

John Mayer, you are stalking me through my fair cities' airwaves!

No comments: