Saturday, November 3, 2007

Music That Never Fails To Make Me Smile

1. Anything that involves a '40s swing beat. I believe Rob once called it "sexy Gene Krupa-style tom-tom drumming." It's true- if you don't shake your leg, snap your fingers or nod your head to this music, you aren't human.

2. "Still Crazy After All These Years" - Paul Simon. Good memories, there- listening to my parents' vinyl collection in the summers at home.

3. "O Fortuna"- chorus from Carmina Burana. There's just something about the tympani and a full operatic chorus belting out at fortissimo.

4. "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" - Dr. Dre Yes. I am a white girl. No, I don't care. Funkingroovin, muthafucka. Nothing better to get a solid groove going. (I do know the lyrics- I get sort of a Michael-Bolton-Office-Space feeling when I rap along, so I try to keep my fly flows at home, where they belong.

5. "The Jackal" - Ronnie Jordan West Wing, Season One- Episode 3? 4? Meh. Whatever. Acid jazz genius.

6. "Pon de Replay" Rihanna. Just plain old friggin' good dance music. Also has some of the drumming in #1 above.

7. "Friend or Foe" - T.A.T.U. #6 but with hot Russian lesbian schoolgirls. What's not to love?

8. "Baby Got Back"- Sir Mix-A-Lot I like big butts, and I cannot lie.

9. "Backstreet's Back"- Backstreet Boys Sorry. On the radio + me in the car = leadfoot, and me losing my shit.

More later...too many to contemplate...and I have to get ready for Criminal Law class...

No comments: