Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Good Day

...is turning on the radio in my car at lunch, and hearing a familiar voice singing "something 'bout the way the hair falls in your face...I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase..." just when I am in severe need of a JM fix, even if it is Wonderland.

...is a very bubbly and cheerful cashier at Target.

...is knowing I will have enough money to make it until the next payday.

...is the look of pleasant shock on the face of the front end supervisor at Target, when I sought her out to compliment the aforementioned cashier.

...is hearing my sister and mother joking with each other over the phone, picturing their facial expressions and knowing exactly what they will say, just as they say it.

...turning the car on after leaving Target and hearing the same familiar voice, singing "do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hand? and would you get them if I did?"

...my baby girl staying in her own bed, all night long.

...brilliant autumn leaves lining a red-brick campus.

Capturing moments in my head, for bleaker days ahead.

Finals are in six weeks.

No comments: