Sunday, December 30, 2007

Movie Review: P.S. I Love You




Since I am in the hometown, my mom and I decided to indulge ourselves a cinematic outing and go see P.S. I Love You, the latest in the chick flick genre.

I was slightly disappointed in the movie- I loved the premise, which reminded me of Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral.

The story is lovely enough: Molly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) and her husband Gerry (Gerard Butler)are in their late 20's, living on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, working to buy their own apartment and debating having a baby. Things change in an instant when Gerry dies of a brain tumor.

Gerry sends Molly letters from the grave, instructing her to do things or be certain places. The movie plays out as Molly deals with her grief and comes to terms with her new life.

I honestly didn't know if I had high hopes for this film...It is a "holiday" chick flick and I haven't seen many positive reviews, but for $6 it was a great diversion from the last of the holiday shove.

No comments: