Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chicago



So we ate.

And we drank.

And we shopped.

And I got $30 boots at Nine West on Michigan Avenue (woo!!!), which made my feet hurt but that was okay because they are totally cute and now they are broken in and I have new bootcut jeans that look a-freakin-dorable atop said boots.

And we didn't kill each other.

And went to the top of what used to be the tallest building in the world, and is now the third tallest, but still the tallest in North America.

And we saw a 72 year-old blues legend in action, and a dirty, dirty old man he is, indeed.

And we got our ears blown out.

And I probably snored, but Kate thrashed around so I call it even.

And we saw lots of cool stuff. And met a really cool new person named Robin, who was a friend of Sooz's who just moved to Chicago from the T.C. a couple months ago, and is going do to the tri with me and Sooz this July.

And we stopped at a cheese castle.

And we drove. A lot. Kate drove faster than I did.

And we had a blast in an amazing city, and saw the Lake in all of its January glory.

And then we came home. And went back to school. And remembered how much fun we had that weekend in Chicago.

And promised we'd go back again, because the City of Big Shoulders always has more to offer.



...I turn once more to those who sneer at this my city, and I give them back the sneer and say to them:
Come and show me another city with lifted head singing, so proud to be alive and coarse and strong and cunning...

- Chicago
Carl Sandburg

No comments: