My friend Kate has posted a meme.
I hereby respond.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I was named after my fraternal great-grandmother (first name) and my maternal grandmother (middle name). My folks changed up the spelling a bit, but 'tis what I'm told.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Hmmm...I don't think I've cried since last Wednesday...
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. I used to not like it because I wanted that fat loopy handwriting that most of the girls in school had - mine is rather sharp and narrow. Overall though, it's relatively distinctive and generally readable, so...sure! I'm good with it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Salami
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes - the girl!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I'd like to think so, but I have a lot of strange proclivities - I think I might find myself a bit annoying after awhile.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Define "a lot."
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I did once - and it was freaky. I'd rather try skydiving.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Nut Cheerios
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Only if I can't get them off otherwise.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG? Mentally or physically?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Generally, their face and eyes.
15. RED OR PINK? Red!
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I wish I knew myself well enough to answer this question honestly.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Hmmm...probably my best friend and my sister.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Feel free, but I'm not holding my breath...
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Green plaid pajama pants, and I'm barefoot!
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?Apple Cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Right now, Beethoven. Earlier, Sara Bareilles and Colbie Caillat.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Royal Purple
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh baked cookies, vanilla, the top of my daughter's head when she was a baby, my husband when he's just out of the bathroom - he doesn't use cologne but I love his shampoo-and-soap-and-deodorant smell.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Uhm... the boy, I think?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? You betcha!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey, skating, gymnastics and little kid soccer.
27. HAIR COLOR? Brown with a bunch of weird natural highlights.
28. EYE COLOR? Green. My husband says I have mood eyes - they change according to my mood. He says I get flecks of yellow-gold in them when I get angry.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Never have. Ahh...the joys of astigmatism...
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian anything, McDonald's, Brazilian churrascaria, and I want to try Indian and Japanese this year.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Whatever is best for the character.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Princess Diaries on TV last night with the girl.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Sky blue with navy blue ringers, from Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. Right now, summer.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both! In abundance!
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Tiramisu, flourless chocolate cake, anything chocolate, Lemon Meringue Pie, my mom's apple pie.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No clue.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No clue.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Reading Lolita in Tehran. I hope to start Schuyler's Monster this week as soon as I can get to B&N and get a copy for myself.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Mousepad? What is this arcane thing you speak of? One needs no mousepad when one works almost exclusively on a laptop!
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
The Princess Diaries, and the end of Cast Away
42. FAVORITE SOUND(s) My daughter's laughter, John Mayer's guitar, church singing.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? My mother would kill me if I didn't say The Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Germany.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I am a great investigator.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Pittsburgh, PA
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Anyone who cares to answer!