Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rock Candy's Melted, Only Diamonds Now Remain

Third time's a charm. I've tried to start a blog twice before, only to stop adding after a few months, or weeks, or days, or posts.

I'm a first year law student, or "1L." I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I recently relocated here from another part of the Midwest, specifically to attend law school.

I'm a wife. Happily married to my high school sweetheart, going on 8 1/2 years. To say it's been unadulterated bliss would be a big ass lie- no marriage is perfect. However, we love each other, we communicate, and we are very happy. He provides, he's a great father, he's my best friend. I can't imagine my life without him.

I'm a mother. We have a beautiful blonde-haired, blue-eyed, sassy-mouthed, loud-laughing, fast-running, ticklish-tummied, soon-to-be-five-year-old daughter. She puts the color inside of our world.

I'm a huge John Mayer fan. If I had the money, I'd be on the Mayercraft Carrier in February. I saw JM in concert for the first time in July, and I will be honest: before, I was a fan. Now I am a Believer. You may find my posts sprinkled with lyrics and references to JM and his various influences...and I make no apologies.

I am a triathlete. I am heading into my third season, and hopefully can talk a little about that. I am seriously hoping that I can fit some training time into my schedule.

As of right now, life is good. The rock candy has melted...only diamonds now remain. I need to remember that.

No comments: