I came home today in a general funk. I am just so ready for this semester, and this pregnancy, and the holidays and everything to be OVER. Third trimester malaise has set in and I'm snapping at everyone, my mobility is limited and I barely feel like anything will get done in the next few weeks.
I keep thinking about January, and a new semester, with classes that are demanding but of my own choosing, and a new baby, and the ability to walk. For once I'm actually looking forward to getting a new year started, and I'm confident that I've worked my ass off in school enough to survive this semester and then some.
I've worked my ass off on myself as well; it seems like a lot of things have changed over the last year. 2008 was a year of change, for certain. I am not the same person I was on the first day of law school, and for me, that's a good thing.
Classes are over, save for one last make-up session for Con Law and one last class for Misdemeanors.
I have my Negotiation take-home in hand, and while it looks like it's going to be a fair amount of work, my goal is to have it done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. I don't want to have to think about it too much after that.
Study goals for the remainder of the semester (more for me than you, sorry if this bores you...)
* Outline Negotiation take home
* Do Family Law outline
* Start Misdemeanors outline
* Write Negotiation take-home
* Finish outside reading for Property (Shadow Cities). Begin thinking/outlining for open book final.
Next Three Weeks:
* Read last Con Law assignment; begin overview of outline/case studies.
* Finish Misdemeanors outline; meet with prof.
* Finish Family Law outline; write sample exam answers.
* Meet with Family Law prof/possibly ASP tutor.
* Review Con Law, continue outline and sample case studies
* Last Misdemeanors class; review tests.
* If done, turn in Negotiation final and journal.
* Last Con Law session. Study session PM to consist of outlining, case studies and finishing up Con Law prep.
* Finish Negotiation if necessary.
* Study for Misdemeanors
* Turn in Negotiation if not already done
* Study AM for Misdemeanors
* PM Self-scheduled exam: Misdemeanors
* Study Family Law
* AM: Finish Family Law prep
* PM: Self-scheduled exam: Family Law
* Review/markup Property outside reading and outline
* Prep for final
*AM: Finish Property Prep
*PM: Property Final (scheduled)
Mon 12/15: OFF
*Con Law Prep
*AM: Sleep in
*PM: Con Law Final (scheduled)
I'm also planning to do Holidailies again, and hopefully the Bean will cooperate and maybe give me a really cool blog entry around the 28th or so. Somewhere in the middle of all this I still have to pick out a hospital and go to the OB and and and and...